What is Ergonomics | Need |Types | Advantages– It is derived from two Greek words-‘Nomoi’ meaning natural laws and ‘Ergon’ meaning work. Hence, ergonomists study human capabilities in relationship to work demand. In short Ergonomics is the science and the art of fitting the job and the workplace to workers’ needs.
- Physical ergonomics- It is the human body’s responses to physical and physiological work-loads. Repetitive strain injuries from repetition, vibration, force, and posture fall into this category.
- Cognitive ergonomics- It deals with the mental processes and capacities of humans when at work. Mental strain from workload, decision making, human error, and training fall into this category.
- Organizational ergonomics- It deals with the organizational structures, policies and processes in the work environment, such as shift work, scheduling, job satisfaction, motivation, supervision, teamwork, telecommuting, and ethics.
What is Ergonomics | Need |Types | Advantages
- A successful ergonomics program utilizes the skills of many disciplines, including engineering, psychology, medical, safety, management and the employees or associates.
- Maximize productivity, efficiency and quality.
- Reduce MSD risk by eliminating or minimizing ergonomic risk factors.
- Cost savings associated with injury-related absenteeism, treatment, new hire training and WCB claims.
- It can help you do work safely.
- It can make you more comfortable
- It can prevent injuries.
I hope you got meaningful information about Ergonomics. If you enjoy this post then shares it with your friends at social sites and also shares your feedback to us by writing a comment below in the box. For more interesting posts stay tuned with us.